Friday 23 January 2015

Week 4 - Case It - Polkadoodles Challenge

Helloooo out there!  It's Friday!
Yay, the weekend is here and I hope you all get time to craft and enter our fabulous challenges.

This is Inspiration week here at Polkadoodles and the Design Team have
awesome creations to share with you.

Before we get to that though....
Have you all been drooling over the latest fabulous releases?.....

Work and Play 9 - Love and Kisses....Stunning OMG, Mega, Huge, Ginormous, 2XL Edition :-)
** Work & Play 2XL Collection 9 - Love & Kisses BONUS EDITION
And the amazing Work and Play 8 - Music
With a plethora of amazing digis, papers, embellishments, cut files.
** Work & Play Collection 8 - BONUS EDITION

And as a special treat, this weekend you can save a huge 15% off in the digistore too to celebrate Nikky' birthday this week!  Just use Code BIRTHDAY in the instant checkout but hurry because this ends midnight GMT on 24/1/15


The winners of our Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge will be announced at the end of this post.

Our latest challenge is 
Case It and you can 
ENTER HERE!
We would like you to choose a project made either by yourself, or by someone else (the Design Team are happy for you to choose ours but of course you can case anyone you like so long as you have permission!)....the whole idea of this is to then use that project to create your own version, using it as inspiration (not copying!). It could be the colours, the design, the embellishment or die they used, the stamp, the layout, whatever it is you love about that make. 

You have until 12 noon, GMT, Friday 30 January to enter.
You don't have to use Polkadoodles products to enter our challenges.
The rules are in the side bar over there ------>

The random winner of this challenge will receive a copy of our Work & Play 8 collection on download! Wow! And our top 3 Design Team favourites will all win a digi too! 

And now for the Design Team Inspiration and don't forget, check out who they
Cased too :-)

Ruth:  I've CASE'd Susan from back in August - the original post is here.  I've used the female horse rider from Work and Play 6 and coloured them with Promarkers.  The fence and grass are Sizzix die cuts and I made the rosette myself - numbers are Cuttlebug die cuts.


Ria: The card I case'd is from Anjie and you can find it here... For my card I used Maddy Shy and coloured her with Copic and Spectrum Noir markers and enhanced with pencils.The papers that I used are from the Work and Play 1 collection.  The dies that I used are the watercan and Happy Birthday sentiment dies by Tattered Lace.


Anita .... I have cased Ruth way back in July and you can find her card here ...
I have used Work and play collection 2 backing papers and gamer boy and he is also available as a digi image here, I coloured him using alcohol markers and I had a lot of fun and this is my make..


Anjie - I have chosen to CASE a card from the week 47 challenge HERE which was CAS. Now I love all the cards of course but 2 in particular stood out for me, I couldn't get it down to one as they are both very similar and both fab. The cards are by our lovely ladies Bev and Yvonne, and here is my take on it. I have used the fabby Phone/Texter guy image. He is also available on the Work & Play collection 7 which is available as a download or a CD. He of course is coloured with my Graph'It Markers.


Yvonne - Hi everyone, well once I realised I wasn't making a case, I really liked this challenge!! I kept coming back to a make that the lovely Lou made in our 'Tag You're It' Challenge.  You can see the original masterpiece here.  It is the most lovely delicate tag made using embellies and stuff from the gorgeous 'Winston Bear Collection'.  I made quite a large tag but I opted to put 'Etty Sewing' precoloured off of the Collection, however, you can also get her here as a digi image.  So I opted to use Etty and then I printed and cut heaps of the embellies, as Lou did but mostly different embellies and added them to the tag! The paper is also from the collection. All that I had to add was the lace and the gems.

Bev here and for this weeks challenge I climbed inside Cheremane's head ('Anything But Square' challenge back in October) I tried to leave it as I found it.... I loved this challenge as I've been struggling with my mojo since Christmas so putting my spin on an existing project was a great help and has helped ease me back in. I used the Guitar Girl image from the incredible new W&P 8 collection she's also available as a digi HERE. I coloured her with my Graph'it Markers (full details on my blog). The card base is just cut from Kraft card all the backing paper, bow, embellies and sentiment are from the CD . All I've added from my own crafty stash is embossed pink card. a black glittery peel off, distress ink and a gem.


Jenny here, for my case it card I've used a card made by Lou way back in May last year. She made a circular card with circular embellishments and that is what I've used for my inspiration. I have used the brand new collection W&P9 Love and Kisses it's a great collection and so easy to use.


Susan - I am using Caras lovely Tag from the Tag It challenge week 37 as my CASE It inspiration this week. I have used Papers and an image from the new Work & Play 8 collection  and printed everything on Ultimate Graph'it 160 gm paper


Frezja - hi all :) I have for you today Anna's card (clic) in frezja's version :)
I am using Rose Budd CD and Winston CD. I hope you like it :)
More picks on the blog :) 


Claire C - I've taken my inspiration from Lou's hoover card for our Anything but square challenge in October (you can find it here). I loved the way Lou had used household stuff to embellish her card and I also loved the idea using the embellishments on the CD as a base card, its so easy to do as you just enlarge the size of the image ! I've used images from Work and Play 8 to make this card and added an old CD and some bottletops to embellish the card. 


Aren't they just amazing!  Love all the fabulous interpretations this week.

Now without further ado - here is the winner, as chosen by random org, from our
 Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge

Please contact us here and quote PD4001wk1 to claim your prize.  
You have won a full Work and Play collection of your choice, worth over £10!

And now for our Top 3 as chosen by the Design Team
#28 - Plony
#35 - Laine
Please make sure you all take your blinkies from the side bar. Congratulations to everyone.

Now it's over to you.  Our CASE IT challenge is open until Friday, Noon GMT, 30 January.

You can enter HERE.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!