Tuesday 24 December 2013

Digi Choosday Wk 10...Anything Goes/Christmas Birthday

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
Just one more sleep and it's here!
All of us on both the Digi Choosday and the Polkadoodles team would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas with your loved ones and we hope you have a super festive season with stockings stuffed with stash!

Our challenge this week as always is
Anything Goes
but the DT were challenged to make something for a 
Christmas Birthday 
so if you can join in then feel free!
The random winner of our Week 8 challenge is
Well done Sarah, you won a big download bundle! 
Our Top 3 from week 8 also all win downloads so our favourite entries were:
#11 Joyce#9 Karen I#23 Debbie S
Well done everyone! Please all email me here to claim your prizes!

Right, let's get onto this week's challenge and see what the DT have for us - and yes we will be back next Tuesday as usual but don't forget to check out our usual Polkadoodles challenge on Friday : )

Anjie - As it was my wonderful Husbands birthday on the 21st I made this card for him.
The image is Jock by Emma Canning and is coloured with Graph 'It Markers. The papers are from the Boys Hoot Download Bundle. I've used a distress ink around the edges of everything and added faux stitching. I've also pierced the card around the image to give a more realistic stitch effect. I've added some dies and sentiments from my stash.

 Sarah I was unsure what to do with a Christmas birthday theme - until I remembered this lovely sentiment and then inspiration struck!  I used Christmas Sentiments 1 Download Bundle, lots of shimmering card, an embossing folder, a Nestabilities and a flower die, ribbon, glitter glue and a gem or two.  With some ink for definition on the sentiment I think this would make someone a lovely winter themed birthday card - well I hope it would anyway!! And it didn't even take that long to make!
Scatty Jan I really enjoyed making this after all the Christmas makes - It did get me thinking though
The box is cut on ,my portrait using the Xmas Joy collection paper and the liitle owl and balloon from Girls Hoot collection - I was so pleased with my little creation xx
Zoe - Birthdays always seem to be forgotten around Christmas, but not by us! Here's my card using the gorgeous Emma Canning Birthday Wishes I have coloured her in seasonal colours and even coloured the candle glow! I kept the card clean and simple - a spot of sparkle on her leggings and some colour matching embellishments along with the stamp which is a Polkadoodles sentiment finishes it all off.
Debbi - With everything so busy with Christmas, people who have birthdays at this time of year seem to get forgotten. For my card I used the Chirstmas Joy bundle and the Emma Canning Bauble Gown digi stamp, which was coloured with Promarkers. The birthday sentiment tag was taken from the Birthday Wishes bundle. I edged most of the element with Fired Brick and Peeled Paint Distress ink
Jo- It was my little brother's 13th birthday last week and I made this card for him using the Emma Canning digi Jock and a paper and star embellishment from the sugar boys download collection. I added a sentiment to the star in my graphics program and used blue washi tape and patterned ribbon for dimension. Christmas birthdays are hard to make for, but teenage-boy, Christmas birthdays are a challenge and a half!
Susan ...This week I have only used things from Christmas Joy and no colouring at all.
I have used Craft Artist to put together most of the elements ,then just mated onto one of the papers from the digi bundle added some sparkle and snowflakes .This is for my granddaughter she will be 14 on Boxing Day. 


So there's the inspiration for today! 
I'm sure you'll agree that they're all superb makes again this week, love love love all the work these guys have put in!

Remember you do NOT have to use our products (although obviously we would love it if you did) , just add your entry to Mr Linky below (you have until Thursday 2nd Jan to enter and the winner will be announced on our Week 12 post Tues 7th Jan) and pinch our badge for your blog sidebar - we'll see you back here on Friday for our usual Polkadoodles challenge....

Rules: 
1. No backlinks
2. Please FOLLOW the challenge theme!
3. MAXIMUM of 2 entries allowed!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

4 comments:

  1. Many thanks for choosing my card! I have sent an email, but my Internet is down. I'll make contact again soon....I hope!
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots opf pretty creations this week, thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful projects everyone.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsBydragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous DT creations and inspirations and thanks for another great challenge. Also thank you for your hard work and the challenges throughout the year - it is much appreciated. Happy New Year to you all x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!