Sunday 17 November 2013

Tutorial - Christmas Stocking Card

Hi everyone, it's Anjie  here today as it's my turn to do the weekly tutorial. This week I'm going to show you how to make a shaped card if you don't have any dies or cutting machines to use.
With it being close to Christmas I have chosen to make a Christmas stocking card.

The image, papers and embellishments are from the fabulous A Home for Christmas CD Collection.
To start with I chose a paper I wanted to use and then searched the internet for a free stocking template in png format. The png format is just a line drawing with no white background. I put the paper into a graphic program, you could use MS Word if you don't have a graphic program, and then added the stocking template over the top.

I then chose a coordinating paper and the embellishments I wanted to use. I cropped the paper down to a thin strip to use on the top of the stocking.

I then printed all these out. Cut around the stocking shape and put the thin strip of paper over the top of the stocking and cut to size.

Then cut out the rest of the images.

I cut the sentiments and tickets down to size then used a distress ink around the edges of them all and the stocking. Then use a white pen to add faux stitching around them all. This gives the effect of the stocking being more realistic.

Then decide where you want to put all your images and glue in place.

Why not have a go at making one, they would make a great card for a male, which we all know are difficult to do!

4 comments:

  1. What a great tut, thanks so much. That is a really super stocking card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Anjie - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a brilliant idea Anjie! love it x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!