Thursday 4 April 2013

Altered journal

Hello all it's Anjie here with todays post.
I made this as a gift to say thank you to Nikky who has been very supportive of me this last few weeks after losing one of my fur babies.

It started life as an A5 blank note book ready for you to add your own mark to, I bought it from Hobbycraft, but you could do it with any cheap note book. Everything I have used on it can be found on the Studio 12 CD-rom...Picknix Collection 1 I added the sentiment over the paper then printed out the paper and embellishments onto some printable canvas. I distressed everything using a Tim Holtz distress ink pad. I glued the background in place leaving a bit overlapping the cover so I could fray it a bit to give it a more distressed look. Then I added all the other bits as a 2nd layer so it was more tactile rather than flat. I inked up the bottom of a tin can and pressed it onto the cover so it looks like a cup of coffee has been placed on it. I added some faux stitching around the letters which spell out Nikky's Bits N Bobs. I put the faux lace in place to hang over the edge of the cover, and the tape measure isn't glued all the way down so it can curl up and look more real. I used the same paper on the back of the book too. I just hope Nikky gets some use out of it. I do myself one every year and find it very useful.

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful creation with lots of detail added totally stunning and so colourful too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Anjie, love the beautiful details. Sorry to hear you lost one of your fur babies. Big hugs xxx

    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. great scrapbook!! nice printing!! And I love the lace!!

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!