Friday 18 November 2011

Week 46 Challenge - Shaped Christmas

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge! I (Ruth) am your host and my challenge to you is:




Shaped Christmas Card


So no squares or rectanges - it really does need to be shaped!

Now, the winners of challenge 44 which was a shaped card theme. Fabulous creations as ever from everyone who joined in!

Congratulations go to:

First Place: Pauline
Second Place: Jessica
Third Place: Norma

Please email Nikky for your blinkies - the first placed winner receives a download. Please put in the subject field of your email your placing and the challenge number - this will make Nikky's life a lot easier!

The Polkadoodlers have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blogs:
1. Please follow the challenge!
2. Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles.
3. Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the blue frog - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry.
4. And please no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting.
5. If you have comment moderation and word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning word verification off especially now that comment moderation has a spam section.

The challenge is open until Sunday 28 November at 12noon GMT and any entries that do not follow our challenge rules will not be eligible for any prizes so please read them carefully!

If you want more detail on how the Design Team have created their projects, just click on their name and you'll be taken to their blog.

Ruth: A quick and simple card from me - I used the pre-coloured A5 template from Paper Boutique Vol 2 and layered it up how I wanted. I've added seed beads plus some ribbon and that's it - complete!

Patty: A quick and simple card from me - I used the pre-colored image of Boys outside from Magical Winter Vol 2 and using my spellbinders shaped layered it up on how I wanted. I've added some glitterly path and the red ribbon and Voula, it's - complete!
Emma: Hello there, I made a simple rocker card using elements from Magical Winter CD for this weeks card all coloured with Distress Inks and embellished with some Card Candy and Doodle Dewdrops available from the Polkadoodles Web Shop








Audrey... For this Christmas test tube holder I used the CD Magical Winter Part 1. I used 3D dots to make the penguin pop out a little and used my S.U. corner ticket punch on the top of the holder to give it a little more detail.

Enfys: I used the Creative Christmas CD to make this Christmas wreath card. I was in a hurry, so printed it out already coloured, and just added a little twist of bakers twine and some red gems to make it pop





Daniele.....I've made a stepper card for this weeks challenge using the delicious papers from The Magical Winter Cd 1, I cut out some of the trees and then added them on the top for added dimension, and of course lashings of glitter.




GDT Lisa - I used elements from Double Sprinkles of Kraft to make my snowy owl card!




GDT Claire - I made an acetate card blank and added Jay from "pretty tuff" and used polkadoodles stamps free from papercraft essentials




GDT Dawn - I used Paper Boutique 2 - Creative Christmas to make my super cute reindeer card.




Colette - I used the penguin from Magical Winter 1 CD, printed him out on the right hand side of A4 card, folded the card so that his flipper touched the fold, then cut through two layers at once, except for where his flipper touched the fold and a couple of centimetres at the bottom.. I decoupaged his flippers and scarf, adding some pompom trim at the bottom of the scarf and tucking a sentiment panel under his flipper.




Lou: I have used Mr Tweetie as my template and made an owl inspired Christmas card using elements from the kit in the Polka Doodles magazine that was recently issued. A very quick and easy card and I've even used cotton wool on his hat to add texture!










Fliss: For my card I've used the Magical Winter CD set and have made one of my favourite shapes at the moment. I used one of the gorgeous cute eskimo toppers for speed and combined this with some of the lovely papers from the CD adding some of the cut out embellishments and a lovely big sentiment panel.









Louise: My card is very simple this week and I have used my grand nesties to make the card shape, the image is from the 'Sundae of seasons' cd.





Clare: I have made an easel card for this week's challenge. The images and sentiment are from the Magical Winter CD and the paper is from the Pretty Sweet CD.





Anne - I've used Creative Christmas for my card this week. I printed the image from the PDF file in A4 size and used it as a template. Once I'd cut the first layer out I matted this onto red card stock flipping it over to fold at his hat, Then decoupage the layers to complete. He stands 7.5" tall so looks great!








Shell-For my card this week I've used the papers and images from the Magical Winter part 2 CD, then I added a bit off string and a button to finish.






Joanna: For my card I've used the GORGEOUS kraft papers from Magical Winter 2 CD and the snow flakes were punched from Pretty Sweet CD soft pastel papers. The sentiment panel was cut using Nesties and mounted on sticky pads to add dimension. Then I added a few sparklies with gems, acrylic paint "snow" and LOOOOOTS of glitter :). The edges were distressed with distress ink for a more vintage feel.






Carol : I have used this gorgeous snowman from the Sundae of Seasons cd rom and the papers were printed off from the Magical Winter Part one cd.

So that's it - over to you now! Good luck with the challenge and don't forget our rules - deadline for entries is Sunday 28 November at 12noon GMT.






7 comments:

  1. Wow, thank you for choosing my card for first place, I love Polka Doodles CD's and it's an honour to win.
    Thank you
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...what amazing lot of creations. The Design Team is so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [19 Nov 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual fabulous cards from design team. Thank you for this challenge.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great design team inspiration
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards from the DT. Thanks for the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think that the red ribbon and black leaves in the first card are looking any good, Dark green leaves and ribbon might give it some stunning appearance.
    valentine gifts pakistan

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!