Thursday 9 July 2009

don't panic dear, it's just a happy accident...

...well hellllooooo you lovely doodlers.......

I've been cooped up looking at the screen for nigh on 50 or so hours now (bit of zz's in between) and I think I've gone a bit doo-lally. The Doodle Dollies are all very busy girls and I've been working them soo hard, so some of them are having a bit of a break this week and it suddenly occurred to me last minute I should really make a card for the challenge since I havent done one for a couple of weeks either. So, mid-design of the new CD collecsh (ooo Candy Doodles, you will likey likey) I whizzed up a sooper dooper quick card in 10 mins flat without even getting out of the chair to get stash. Then as I sat proudly admiring said creation I realised.... "Fruit with a hidden element was last week's challenge you absolute brain-dead
bimbo. Tut!" Anyway in true "don't panic dear it's only a happy accident" styleee it was saved by making some last minute alts. Phew!


Well, En kindly stepped in as blogmistress last week whilst yours truly was otherwise engaged a la Create and Craft and a mountain of orders waiting to be packed and shipped, and a rather fine job she did too, I'm sure you'll agree. And before I forget, our next show on C&C is 21st July, where you'll be able to see the UK launch of our next brand new range Candy Doodles - if you love Sugar Birdies you'll also love this one too!! Anyway, I digress (big word)
the challenge was: Use Fruit with a hidden element! What a surprise, lol! Well as always there were some fabby fab entries and as always it's always hard to choose but choose we did and the winners are:
in joint 3rd place....Hope Jacare and Rosy
in 2nd place...Teri
and in 1st place this week is KrisL....


So congrats to you all, please email me at sales@polkadoodles.co.uk for your blinkies and a prize for the winnner, and as always many thanks to everyone else who entered, you are all winners in my book anyway!

Right, let's crack on! So this week En challenged the DT to make a card using a bug and an alternative to ribbon and here are our offerings...oh poop, I just realised I still didn't make it right, it was meant to be a Get Well Card too !! hahahahah!!!! oh well, never mind!! So I think I shall carry on these rules for you guys too!


So no sketch this week, just make a Get Well card using a bug/insect of some kind and an alternative to ribbon, ie string, raffia etc...good luck!....

Here's our offerings this week...



created by Foo Foo
....I used this fab strawberry template design (available on my new Candy Doodles CD released very soon) and mounted it onto black card. I didn't have a message to hand so I wrote on the front and used the black & white Lulu Ladybug from the Sugar Birdies CD. The hidden element is when you open up the card, there is another strawb inside which hides the end of the message. My alternative ribbon is actually waste from a red peel-off (eek!) sticker which I folded in half and tied into a bow and glued down. The pips on the strawb and the antler thingies (can't remember what they're called, lol!!) and Lulu's eye have all been embellished with my fab new find which are the most delish little acrylic raindrops...watch the website for these as I am currently in talks with a supplier for these, they're lush...created by Sue...this is a lovely bright and contemporary card from Sue. Love the string of pearls and the way she's used the stripes on the backing paper onto the plain white card, this looks great...created by Krista... I adore the way Krista always manages to use my faverooni colours to make lush bright cards - this is just pinkalish!! Dig that pink Lulu! (am currently debating sticking pink Lulu's all over my aubergine bedroom wall as we speak, hmmm....)
created by Kerry...Kerry has used green raffia as her alternative ribbon here and it looks great - she's even used it as the flower centres which is a great idea...Polly looks fabulous kicking her heels up in the grass with little Lulu in her hand....lovely....

created by Saskia....awww poor Lulu Ladybug looks pawly sick here :( ! Love that she's used the wool for her sunshine, just fab fab fab...

created by Enfys... such a yummy yummy card using my Stackies and En has cut a giant leaf with big munches out of it, no wonder Lulu is poorly! love the raffia string she's used here...

created by Ruth....Ruth's sense of humour came out here in her green card, it's making me feel a little 'ick myself!! Not that it's the design making me feel that way, I love this card! She's glittered Lulu Ladybug too and lovin' that big lush bow there....

created by Enfys... this is such an elegant card from En...She's embossed butterflies and used lots of pretty scallops and swirls. If you got htis card when you feel ill I'm sure it would cheer you up!...

So, Doodle fans bug your hearts out, we can't wait to see what you come up with this week!x

14 comments:

  1. I can't believe I'm first this week. Thanks for the great inspiration.

    HERE is my card

    ReplyDelete
  2. great DT examples and finally got round to joining in with you
    My card is HERE
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  3. got to play with my new letraset promarkers here is my submission x
    http://bcpapercrafts.blogspot.com/2009/07/polkadoodles-challenge-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great challenge and inspiration by the DT. Here's my card

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. here's mine

    Love the DT designs. Thanks for looking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all,
    Great challenge this week ladies!
    here's my entry
    Keep up the good work!
    Hugs,
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THIS CHALLENGE AND DID SOMETHING WITHOUT STAMPS THIS TIME
    HERE IS MY CARD

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and very creative cards by the DT!!
    Here’s my card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ok so i am going to change my name to
    katesadozybugger cos i cant get this linking thing right !
    hopefully this is right here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved all the cards made by the DT.

    My card is here

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab work from the DT, just had to play along, my card is here. Thanks, Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  14. Come meet Cameron here thanks girls for lots more doodling fun - Fab DT cards as always. Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!