Friday 16 August 2013

Week 33 - Have a heart

Hello and welcome to a challenge with a difference at Polka Doodles!

Before we get to that, let's  announce the top three from Week 31 Challenge which was Birthday Girl.  Some really fabulous creations were entered but there can only be three lucky winners and they are:

1st Place - Mimi - you win a Bonbon Belles CD rom - please use the code PD1W3331 to claim your prize
2nd Place - Eret - you win an Angelberry Christmas CD rom - please use the code PD1W3331 to claim your prize
3rd Place - Arty Andrea - you win a Download - please use the code PD1W3331 to claim your prize
 


Congratulations to you all. Please all email Nikky and don't forget to quote your winner's code - we cannot release prizes without it!  Blinkies are in the sidebar for you to grab.

The theme this week is .....

"Have a Heart"

and we cannot wait to see what projects you make using this theme as your starting point. Now last week the DT (Group A) had an extra challenge, so it would be very unfair (don't you think?), if this week the DT (Group B), didn't also have the same challenge but with different set of "DigiWorld Downloads" to help create their projects. You will find their projects this week under the relevant DigiWorld download they have used.

Using the  Classic Hearts kit

Classic Hearts/Wedding Download Bundle


CLAIRE C: Hi there, I've made a card using paper and one of the toppers from 'Have a heart', it was a quick card to make, I just added a bit of distress ink and clear crackle paint to the heart and added some ribbon, lace and pearl trim.


SALLY: Hi there, Here is my challenge card  "Have a Heart" I made this card using the downloadable bundle from the Classic Heart Kit. This card will be sent to my neice and her fiancĂ© as they have just got engaged. I used two Spellbinders dies for the sentiment and frame.


FLISS: Hello from me too and I decided to make a pretty bag and matching card set perfect to give the happy couple on their wedding day. As I love mocha and gold, the Classic Hearts set is just right. All I did was cover a plain kraft bag with some of the gorgeous heart paper and add a central border. I then added some rather rustic braid to trim the bag. I made a matching card and added a metal heart embellishment to finish.


Using the Heart to Heart kit

 Heart to Heart Download Bundle

Asha: This is such a versatile and cute little love collection. You can make all kinds of projects for Valentines, Engagements, Weddings or anytime you want to spread a little love. I made a diorama card to send to one of my oldest friends, just to let her know that i'm thinking of her... with love. All elements are from the Heart to Heart kit and to jazz things up I used some sheer ribbon, bling and liquid pearls.



Miria I made an easel card; I used an image, paper, embellishment and sentiment from Heart to heart Downloadble , so quick and easy! I just added some half pearls.
You can use it for any occasion you want to send some love :)

 

Using the  Love Birds kit

Love Birds Download Bundle

KARON:  Hi everyone.  Here is my little bit of inspiration using the above kit.  I made a joy fold card.  My sentiment on the inside is from the Love and Cherish CD, which this download bundle is from.  I added a little bit of ribbon down the left side of the card and also raised up the topper on pop dots.



BEV: I love this download bundle! I used the bird digi stamp, copied, pasted & flipped it in my graphics programme, placed it in the heart digi then cut it out and coloured it in and glittered their tails. I made a central stepper card and used the complimentary papers and border to decorate adding text & faux stitching to finish it off. I think the end result is fresh & funky.


Alethea - I decided to make the bird cage from the Love Birds kit. I printed out a full a4 page of this paper then printed the template on the back!! I did change it slightly  only because I didn't want to print out another whole page for a couple of bars! I fussy cut the love birds and stuck them together. To finish off I just added a couple of heart embellishments. I had fun making this!!  



Lidia Hi! For this challenge I made this green and funny card with a polka heart the papers, border and flourish everything from the Bonbon Belles CD, adding tree buttons and some glitter on the flourish I hope you like ;)




Now the lucky winner of this week challenge will win one of these delish DigiWorld Downloadables, which is a great way to begin your Polka Doodles digi obsession. Why not check out all the other digi downloads in the shop as there are oodles and oodles of Polka Doodle loveliness waiting to inspire you.

  Now it's your turn and you have until 12 noon on Sunday 18th August to enter and Good Luck!

We have a few little rules which makes our life a lot easier when we come visiting your blog:

1.  Please follow the challenge theme!
2.  Only enter your creation into a maximum of 10 challenges including Polka Doodles
3.  Please link your blog post and not your blog address with the linky tool - this saves us from searching your blog for your entry
4.  And please, no back-linking to previous posts - these will be disregarded from our top three voting
5.  If you have word verification on your blog it really does slow us down when leaving comments - please consider turning off word verification especially as the comment moderation has a spam section.


..............................................................................

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

7 comments:

  1. great inspiration as usual great job guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to see my name on top 3. Thank you all so much.
    DT has done fabulous work with this week examples. Really stunning cards from everyone!
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  3. "WOW"......These are simply beautiful XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are some lovely projects here, well done all! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful inspiration & a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creations from you all.Such talent.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Team Doodle loves to see your comments so let us know what you are up to!